Election to the Swedish parliament in September 2018

September 9 2018 there is a general election to the ‘Riksdag’, ‘kommun’ and
‘landsting’ (parliament, city and county) in Sweden. Swedish citizens living
abroad can vote in the election for ‘Riksdag’ (parliament) at the Swedish
consulate in Houston.

-If you have lived abroad for less than 10 years (or have extended your
right to vote within the last 10 years) you will receive a ‘r√∂stkort’
(voting card) about 2 months before the election. You only have to make sure
that Skatteverket has your correct home address.

-If you have lived abroad for more than 10 years you must apply to keep the
right to vote. See: